Monday, March 19, 2018

Like A Hawk

We get the occasional hawk around here. Of course we do: lots of good eatin' between the mice and the other baby birds.

Hey, hawks don't care about eating their brethren; it's luncheon, baby.

But we don't usually get to see hawks this up close and personal . . . personally. Sorry, can't help myself.

Ohmygod a hawk! That's me on the right, looking out.

. . . but I have to leave *now* to get to work on time . . .

. . . oh but he turned his head . . .

. . . wait, he's taking off! . . .

I don't know why I call a hawk a "he". Maybe she's a "she". Or maybe who cares about the fluidity of avian gender for the love of pete's sake.

What I do know is I was late for work.

But then the ding-dong hawk flew up onto the streetlight.

And there hawk sat . . .

. . . checking out hawk's surroundings . . .

I said, "Mistah, I have got to go . . ."

And Mistah said, "okay, I'm ready with the camera. I'll tell you when to open the door. One . . . two . . . three . . . "

". . . Go!"

Bam.

This one's my fave.

And this one looks like Jacquie's friend gave it his own personal magical touch . . .


See what I mean??

Hawk a la Mike . . .  

And this one . . . ?

This one is Mistah's fave . . .

Boom. 

5 comments:

Joan said...

Fantastic! I'd love to come back as a hawk.... OR an eagle.... and I wouldn't fly away from you - in fact, I might even pose! :)
jnb

Dawnie said...

It was a while before I gained perspective on this. In the first photos, one might think you lived steps away from the water, a la Harkness. What a lovely way to start the week. <3

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Ohmygosh, you're right, Dawnie. That snow in Mary and John's yard is reflecting blue, and looks like water. Maybe we'll talk to them about that -- see if they can get a seashore installed . . .

E

JS said...

I believe that hawk's intention was to make you late for work. S/he hatched a devious plot: "I'm gonna make Ellie late for work, then I'm gonna splash the sky with my remarkableness so as to be camera fodder for Mistah...yeah, that's what I'm gonna do." You can actually read those words in her/his eyes if you look hard enough.

Jacquie said...

Incredible photos! I think I'll ask Michael to place me up on top of a light post for his next project, lol

Love this, love you

Jacquie