Friday, August 25, 2017

feels


Next week at this time, I'll be packing up my little beach pad and heading home. It's been a great month, a refreshing interlude that I did my best to enjoy fully in each moment, knowing full well that reality would still be waiting when this time was up. 

I'll miss many things about this beach life. Most of all, I'll miss my morning walks


It's been such a good time for me to be with my solitary, thinking, feeling self before each day begins


Yesterday I was feeling the feels extra hard, with next week's significant date coinciding with my upcoming return to what has truly become home. This will be the longest stretch when we get to stay put in the yellow house, and then next summer our transition time will be over and we will be ready to take our next step. I'm sure we will figure it all out by then. 

Thinking through all of this on my walk, while my sisters and mom were beginning travel to another gathering that I have to miss, I was starting to feel lonely and lame and unsettled.

Then the universe sent me a little sign in the form of a tidepool


And I smiled, and picked up the pace to head home, when something caught my eye



Thank you!

2 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Wow! Cosmic! I love you, but I'm so happy the Universe loves you too, Schnookums, sending you all those lovely signs. I *hope* you picked up that rock and put it up on your mantle, to remind you of how much the Sounds and Smell of the Sea Cleanses your Soul.

Good luck in *all* the transitions. You got this, sistah. And we're all pulling for you. Along with the Universe.

xoxox
Ellie

Jacquie said...

Nope, I left it there. I figured the photo was perfect and someone else might be looking for the message too :)