Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Dance your heart out (but I won't see you do it)

My oldest had a dance competition this weekend. My youngest and I went up early on Saturday morning to be proud spectators. We brought snacks and good attitudes and encouraging words.

But regardless of all that, it was a day of many missed opportunities. Let's just say we only managed to actually SEE two of the five dances. Although we TRIED! We really did.

But they kept running numbers early and out of order.

But being the amazing dance mom that I am, I at least have some stunning and artistic photos of the two dances we did witness to share with you.

Oh wait. No I don't.

In fact, the below are the only photos on my phone from the 8 hours spent at the California Center for the Arts and thereabouts.


Girl emerging from giant, strange grape mouth.

Girl posing on fake crates of fake oranges.

Girl posing on fake branches.

Girl making super cool, super giant bubble on AstroTurf.

Ah, finally, some dancers.

Not dancing.
Hopefully you got a good sense of the dance competition!

4 comments:

Jacquie said...

I can't believe how grown up that youngest of yours has become! Glad you had a nice time despite the tough timing. I miss you! It's sad that we live so far apart ;)

Xo
Jacquie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Dancing or not dancing, it's lovely to see your Girl #1 and Girl #3. They are so long and tall and gigantic and adult.

Sorry the jerks ran the dance numbah out of order. Who does that?

Thanks for the lovely visit with your girl, she of the weird grape mouth and fake oranges. What a fun-looking kid!

xoxoxox
Ellie

Central PA said...

I see girl #3 is sticking with the cap look...poor Nonnie :)
I say 2 dances is better than none and I'm sure some other dance mom has loads of dance pictures that will end up on social media...all my FB dance moms do.

Pat said...

Love it/them!
Love, Mom