Monday, December 5, 2016

You're Stuck With Me

I have a million photos to share; of course I do. They are all of The Field, and The Fire, and The Leaves, and The Moon and The Booze and they are all awesome and cool and stylized and Schleckasized, and you have already seen them this Fall.

So, instead, I'm going to go with my photos, to prove that *I* am an awesome photographist, too.


Okay, Mistah set this photo up, fine. But I took it. And those upside-down stuffed grape leaves? So good. New larder staple.

Side conversation:
Bill: "We need to have a lot more of cool interesting things like this in our larder."
Me: "But we always eat everything."
Bill: "You're right; it's like trying to create a wine cellar."

Christmas Cacti! From the old Hanrahan homestead in Waterford. Blooming in December, right on schedule.

Side conversation:
Me: "Is your Mumsie Christmas cacti alive? Ours is thriving.... "
Jennie: "Mine has blooms, too!! Gracie has only chewed on the leaves a little bit. What a rascal!"

Not only did I take this photo, but I started the fire. And I threw the last of those gorgeous habaneros on it.

Side Conversation:
Me: Mistah did all the growing and planting and harvesting and caretaking of the habeneros . . .
Myself: But I bought those habaneros in the first place. We wouldn't have them without me. I am important around here; I keep trying to tell everybody.

Moonie, Venus and Westy.

Side Converstaion:
Moonie: Ellie took this shot? Really?
Venus: Huh. She's not half-bad, afterall.
Westy: Plus she took me for a ride on Saturday. She is awesome, I keep telling you that.

The fire was one for the ages . . .

Side Conversation:
2015 Christmas Tree: Well, that was a good run . . . 
Future 2016 Christmas Tree: I only hope I can burn as brightly when I give up the ghost in that kind of pathetic yet emotionally important and quite adorable little back yard campfire next year at this time . . . I hope Ellie starts that fire, too . . . she's really good at it.

And what a fire it was . . .

Side Conversation:
Wine: Hello?
Wine Glass: I'm here, I'm here; I was here the whole time. I was just waiting for Ellie to get out of the way and for that guy to come back. You know -- the guy who takes the good photos?

Oh there he is. 

2 comments:

Beth said...

Ellie, forget about the photographs - this is hilarious! You so funny.

I laughed right out loud at my desk when I read this line: You're right; it's like trying to create a wine cellar." :)

And you are awesome, Ellie.
you are awesome, Ellie.
you are awesome, Ellie.
you are awesome, Ellie.
you are awesome, Ellie.
you are awesome, Ellie.
you are awesome, Ellie.

See, I keep telling you!

love, love, love,

xo,
b

Jacquie said...

love this! sorry my initial reaction to your pretty fire photo was so very unsupportive. I'm feeling *much* better now, lol. love seeing your photos, sister.

xoxox
Jacquie