Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Better to Give *and* to Receive

The other day Mistah went Christmas shopping and bought himself a bunch of stuff. I said, "Dude, aren't you supposed to be shopping for other people?"

He replied, "You know that expression? It's better to give than to receive? Well, I like to give and to receive."

Atta Schelckah.

I've got to tell you, though. I'm not that good at giving or receiving. I like presents, of course I do, but I'm terrible at them. I'm terrible and giving and I'm terrible at receiving.

BUT!

I like Christmas Trees . . .

and I like Christmas cards . . .

and I like Christmas lights . . .

and I like Christmas parties . . .

and okay, yesterday I delivered a present and, well, I liked giving.

And now? I am ready to receive.

3 comments:

Pat said...

And I give you and Mistah my best wishes for a Merry Christmas.
Love, Pat

Beth said...

Look at you pretty ladies with your festive wine glasses. love!

I love giving and I love receiving and I love you!

And sometimes I pull an atta Schelkah ;)

xoxo,
beth

jacquie said...

I lectured my children just today about being "takers"... I'm going to force them to buy me gifts tomorrow.

Love you people, you give me joy :)

xoxo
Jacquie