Thursday, April 17, 2014

T.T.L.E.

The other night as I was sitting in the backyard with my boy gazing at Mars, I thought I’d grab the actual camera for photos instead of using my phone. Wait, what? You can’t see Mars from your back yard? Not even on the night of the Totally Tubular Lunar Eclipse? Poor earthling.

Anyway, I took about 800 really bad photos of a really beautiful subject. It was hard to be still enough to get a good shot out there, but believe me when I tell you that the mental snapshots captured some of the very favorite moments I’ve had in this house. It was just me and my boy outside on a Monday night at midnight. The full moon was spectacular in and of itself, as evidenced by Ellie and her Mistah, but from the moment the earth’s shadow took its first bite of that big white wafer, the viewing became transcendent.









It was awesome, in the way that word can be literal.


The next day at work, when I plugged my camera in to the computer to see what I had to work with, I discovered some previously unexplored photos that had been taken during our recent trip to San Elijo!

Again with the heavenly bodies


camp leisure town

handsome. tall. thin. vertically challenged waistband. 

camp action town

view from above, camp fashion
I love finding gems in my camera too, Beth!

5 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Moooooon! Amazing, isn't it? When it turns from a disc in the sky to a 3-dimentional orb? *Love* it.

And I love every San Elijo photo, ever.

Now, if you can just get back to San Elijo for the next T.T.L.E., you can combine the two best things in life. October 8, 2014, baby. Book your campsite now.....

Love!
Ellie

MB said...

Beauteous photos, Jacq! xo

Beth said...

And gems they are, Jacqueline! Are those your photos of the lunar eclipse? They're awesome. (In perhaps a less literal way that the eclipse itself, but close!).

Totally intrigued by the Ocrober 8, 2014 date thrown out there......Ellie you going to be at San Elijo in October?!?

Glad you and your handsome. tall. thin. boy had a special night!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxox,
beth

Me, You, or Ellie said...

YES Beth, those are my photos! It was really freaking cool.

Ellie, the san diego option for that event is precarious at best.

xoxo
Jacquie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Alls I'm saying is that's the date of the next full lunar eclipse, Earthlings.

xoxoxE