Monday, March 10, 2014

Salt water in my veins

While I'm away killing myself dead in Bali, my girls have agreed to fill in for me here at M,Y&E. This first post is from my beautiful, empathetic, graceful, funny oldest daughter.

There are some things that really mean a lot to me, and other things that don't.  Diving into the fresh salt water, the waves coming down on me -- that means a lot. Some people say I could be a mermaid, that I have salt water in my veins. If there was no ocean in my life there would be a part of me missing. If I lost the feeling of standing up on my board and finally catching that wave I wouldn't know that rush I feel inside.

The first thing that I love about the ocean is getting in and feeling the refreshing water touch my skin. It's like putting on lotion --  it makes me feel good. I love when I dunk my head under and my hair gets heavy with water; when the sand under my toes is soft and muddy.
The second thing I love about the ocean are the waves and how they cash down on you. You feel like you will never get up, but you always do. It's like a shower or a massage. You can play games in the waves, like under over, or try to hop over them.

The last thing that I love about the ocean is surfing. My dad first took me out two summers ago and so thanks to him I know how to surf. I go surfing with my best friend a lot; she helps me so much and I'm so thankful for her. To go surf and catch a wave feels like your own roller coaster; you can do any trick you want.

Best friend helper on far left....
I'm not the only one that enjoys the ocean, the animals that live in the ocean, the other surfers and swimmers, sailors, and people who just want to relax [she is talking about Jacquie and I here, I'm pretty sure] all love the refreshing blue water of the ocean.

OB Pier. Of course.

3 comments:

Pat said...

That is my granddaughter!!
Having just returned from two weeks in Micronesia where we snorkeled eight hours each day, I could not agree more,
Love, Nonnie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Aw, welcome darlin' girl! What a lovely post -- thank you so much for sharing!

It sounds like you and the ocean have a delightful and gorgeous relationship. And that you and my niece do, too. Love you both!

xoxox (Aunt) Ellie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Great job, A! Love to hear how much you love the ocean, we're kindred spirits. Remember that time you almost drown and I gave you some cheese? That was fun.

xoxoxoxoxox
Jacquie