Friday, December 20, 2013

yaaaaaaay! beach! swimming!

With these unrelenting stories,  you'd think our recent beach camping trip lasted 3 years, not 3 days.

This is definitely maybe the last one. It kept getting lopped off from the end of other posts, just waiting quietly in the drafts line- up for the moment when it could be revealed in all its sunny, canine glory.

This, my friends, is the moment.

San Elijo is aces for humans and beasts alike. Every soul will find plenty of time to relax, unwind, have a drink, read a book, sniff dogs butts, whatever floats your boat.

The humans, however, have more freedom to explore untethered. Beasts are expected to remain at camp, tied loosely but tied nonetheless. There is but one corner of that vast expanse of beach where the beasts are welcome to run free: Dog Beach!

After we'd packed up the westy and vacated camp on Thanksgiving Eve, we made a pit stop   
 
Yaaaaaaaaaay! Beach! Swimming!
  
What? In there? Oh no thank you dear, I'm fine up here on the sand.

This is my favorite seat.
disaPOINted

Wait, I think I hear someone calling me.


I'll just have a little drinkie poo
K. ready, set...

Yaaaaaaay!
Swimming?
Beach! Swimming! Frisbeeeeeeee!
That was awesome.

3 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Aw Mooooooki. What a gooooood dogggggg.

You have a cute beast and a cute girl, and I love those glimpses of your fair city, and its spectacular palm trees. We have no palm trees in Connecticut. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

Is Moki anywhere near as good at frisbee as Porgie was?

Gorgeous.
Ellie
xoxo

Beth said...

Love that "Swimming" shot of your fair beast. She looks so regal, and powerful.

I can't believe she was ever a wee puppy. But she was; I have photo proof.

Nice to see Moki starring in a post.

xoxo,
Beth

Anonymous said...

Aw Moki, such a sweet (scary) girl.... love, mom