Thursday, November 7, 2013

Ofrendas and tambors

Well here it is, the 2013 edition. I so love this annual event at my girls' school. And this year's was better then ever, with a beautiful box ofrenda (offering/alter) made by my oldest daughter in honor of my uncle (her great uncle) who passed last August, and my other daughter out front and center in the very boisterous parade, beating her tambor.





That's one giant pumpkin, which was grown on campus ;)

I am loving that bow and the eyelashes!


This calavera has style, I tell ya

Hit of LSD anyone? KIDDING, of course, this is a family event, but, um, look at those eyeballs!



If I ever need major dental work, I want it to end up looking like this!






 

 

  

 


Aw, Bobby. My girl did such a good job with this.
Aw, and look at baby girl so happy on his lap.


  

 

Somebody really digs percussion. Uh oh.

3 comments:

Pat said...

How wonderful! sorry to miss the best part.
Next year, no conflicts allowed.
Love, Mom

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Oh I love this! So colorful and vibrant and alive. And your girl is so grown up and beautiful.

Love it, Beth!

Ellie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

OH, I love this annual post almost as much as you do! My fave might just be the dead bread.

xo
Jacquie