Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Rusty old fridge

This was one of my very favorite things about my recent OB beach rental:


Yes, this! This rusty old fridge.

Actually, the freezer was a bit too small, and it made an amazing racket half the time, but I loved it nonetheless.

I loved it because it could so easily go from the photo above, to this:


Wouldja just look at that? It's so cheery, so homey -- our own little in-home art gallery.

I think  you might need a closer look

Hi Jacquie up there in the left-hand corner. And hello tiny daughters and sons in that classic water-park photo. Oh, and my man Ben has a spot too...

Amazing creative talent is displayed down here, plus proof that my girl likes giving me kisses!

Even the side of this ol' fridge was covered with important and colorful do-dads.

I didn't take down the collage that covered the fridge until the very last moment before we moved. If I did, it would, of course, go back to being a small, old, rusty ice-box, as my dad used to say, instead of a display of our family history.

So, you can understand that when I saw what others would, and did, point out as defects on the large, shiny stainless steel fridge in our new house -- tape marks and the outlines of various photos and other display items -- I saw only love!!!

If Mistah took this shot, I'm sure you could actually see what I'm talking about...
Hooray for me.

3 comments:

Pat said...

And you can enjoy turning your plan new fridge into a family jewel.
Love, Mom

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Hooray for you is right. I almost didn't buy our house because the fridge does not accept magnets. Un-accept-able. Har-umph.

But you know what? Onward. There will always be a Rusty Bucket Fridge in your future. Or, actually, in mine.

Love you!
Ellie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

love. when our old fridge was a goner, I put all of the treasures into a shoe box. Then I kept our new fridge clear for about 12 seconds, then started piling on the new archives. Where is that shoebox?

xo
Jacquie