Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Planes, trains and bulldozers

I've moved!! There is so much to talk about. So many things that are different now that we aren't living right in the action in OB. Overall -- it's great. I am loving our new home. There are things I miss though. But we'll talk about those another time.

Today, I'm going to talk about a subject very dear to my nephew's heart. Industrial vehicles!! Including airplanes!

Our new neighborhood is lovely, one of the oldest in the city. My house was built in 1928, which is elderly for San Diego. Most of the other homes around it were built in the 1920s and 1930s as well. The neighborhood has charm. And airplanes. Lots of them.

Yes, the San Diego airport is almost directly east of my neighborhood, and planes take off to the west all the live long day. I have an amazing view of this spectacle from my living room, especially at night. I really think my nephew would park himself there and never leave. At least until he had to pee. Or saw what pulled up in front of the house.

Yes, let's take a look in the front yard, shall we?


Wouldja just look at the Deere? In my parking spot. Headed the wrong way.

Look how petite he makes my SUV look.
Kind of looks like my ride is going to be swallowed right up by that Deere.

And my house too. It's looks tiny behind that 310SJ!

But he's really just the baby. Look what's in front of my directly-across-the-street-neighbor's house.

Ol' Case-y.

Their neighbors have two visitors out front.

Case-y 2

And Cat. I am nominating Cat as my nephew's favorite. What a machine!


In retrospect, I'm pissed that I didn't climb up in each and every one of these monsters for a self portrait. They are all wide open. I'm sure it's against some dumb rule, but if your gonna park in front of my house, and take my parking spot, I should at least get to try 'er out, don't you think?

There's always next weekend....

3 comments:

Pat said...

He would be in 4 year old heaven!
Love your new house...congrats!
Love, Mom

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Oh do it! Please!

And your house, back there behind the Big Yellow Machine looks absolutely charming! Can't wait to hear more!

xoxox
Ellie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Holy crap, that is crazytown! It looks like Bob the Builder's work yard, your nephew sure *would* be in heaven. Hope all the work is done soon and you can get back to focusing on the planes.

xo
Jacquie