Monday, April 22, 2013

Well, that sucked.

Last week was a doozy. So much fear and sadness, so much loss. Many were comforted by finding the positive, celebrating the helpers, believing that goodness would prevail in the face of such offensive affronts in Boston and Texas and the Senate. As for me, I did a little wallowing down in the dark rabbit hole. The whole week just made me feel tired and mad and hopeless. I don't like feeling that way. There is so much I can't control in this world, and when optimism seems futile on a grand scale, I know I've got to focus on a smaller vision. I can't just move on from all of this, it's now become part of today. But I can learn, and I can live, and I can hope.


 What else is there?

4 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Amen, sistah. That Einstein knew a thing or two about this world of ours. Words to live by.

Ellie

mom said...

I received the sweetest note from your girl yesterday, Jacquie, telling me how much she loved me and missed me. Made the sadness of last week disappear for awhile. love, mom

Bree at Clarity Defined said...

This. A million times this.

Beth said...

Plus maybe a margarita.

xoxo,
Beth