Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Dafs

The daffodils are abloom in southeastern Connecticut.

And yesterday, in an attempt to find beauty in a discouraging world, I went on a bike ride and brought my camera.

It was hard taking photos. At first, I had the camera in the bag under the seat of my bike, and stopped dead in my tracks to take photos every time I saw any bunch of dafs.

Oooh, pretty.

I tried not to stop on downhills or uphills, because, well, on a bike, that would be dumb . . .

. . . but on this particular uphill I made an exception.

Ooh, forsythia too.

What an entrance, huh?

After a while, I realized I could never get a good bike ride in, and take photos, unless I tooke the proverbial bull by his proveribal horns. And so I did. I took the proverbial by the proverbial and I snapped photos while biking.

Taking photos while biking is not easy. Well, unless you're Mistah, biking to Niantic, it's not easy.

It's fun though . . .

. . . and it's beautiful. But I did stray off the daffodil course . . .

. . . because -- well, I could not quite believe what I was seeinbg -- but that's the United States of America's very own Tall Ship, the Barque Eagle out there, randomly anchored in Waterford or East Lyme or somewhere, right there for me to love . . .

I kept watching her . . .

. . .  and taking photos of her . . .

. . . and wondering what in the dang nab hill she was doing out there.

But in the meantime, well, it's a gorgeous bike loop.

. . . and I started focusing at things besides daffodils and the Barque Eagle, like my bike . . .

. . . and me on my bike.

Look Ma, no hands!

But the daffodils kept bringing me back to reality . . .

. . . oh how espectacular they are.

Ooh oooh oooh a ferry!

Oh, it's the lovely Cape Henlopen.

Sure sign of spring #487: sailing classes have begun.

Me again. C'Mon -- you've got to admit that's a Mistah-esque photo right there.

But yes, mostly, yesterday was about the dafs . . .

. . . the beautiful dafs . . .

Daffodil Heaven.

4 comments:

Pickles and Dimes said...

Ah, it's so nice to see colors! Lovely photos. I love the ones of the ship; I would love to live near water.

Beth said...

My favorites are you with your shadow, especially the sans hands photo ;)

Nice to see that spring has sprung around your parts. Next? SUMMER! Yipee.

xoxo,
Beth

mom said...

Beautiful Ellie - come on summer!!

love, mom

Me, You, or Ellie said...

lovely photos, and fun little peek into your thinking! I love you, sister!

Jacquie