Friday, February 1, 2013

Hygienic Sunday

There's only one thing to do the morning after an epic Hygienic Saturday night in New London . . .

Head to Ocean Beach, baby.

Hi Ocean Beach!

What's that in my hand, you ask?

What, do you think I'm *not* going to bring a bottle of champers to toast OB on a January Sunday?

No, of course I am. Not. Going to.

Anyway.

I know I spend a lot of time posting photos of OB, but just look at it. Look. Look at how the snow stays unmelted in the shadow of the railing . . .

. . . and look at the dreaminess of the day . . .

. . . and look at the John H. ferry, coming and going . . .

. . . watch out for Ledgie, John H. . . . 

. . . Dude! Be careful! . . . 

. . . a-nother near-miss.

But that's not all.

Hygienic Sunday also calls for an obligatory return to the Hygienic Galleries . . .

. . . with my favorite peeps in the world . . .

. . . and a visit to NoSto . . .

. . . with one of my favorite drivers in the world.

And perhaps most importantly, Hygienic Sunday means Out with the Old . . .

Bye bye, Neon Ledgie.

. . . and In with the New . . .

Well, hell-lo, Gorgeous.

4 comments:

Hsin-Yi said...

What a great weekend! The pictures of OB are so fantastic that it makes me want to take a walk down there right now.

I love, love, love the picture of your driver!

Beth said...

Yes, awesome driver photo! And you and Mistah are looking so happy and dapper throughout the post.

I really need to know about the pretty table though.....is it yours? To keep? Really?

xoxo,
Beth

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Well, Beth, that is not Mistah. That is Bruce. Who I've known even longer than Mistah. If that's even possible.

And yes, Mistah bought the table during a moment of insanity. But he sold his entry. And the table is a work of art. And was not expensive. So if we can fit it in our home, it'll be part of our family starting next weekend...

xxE

Me, You, or Ellie said...

lol, y'all look alike inside of those burly warm layers. Love that sparkling beach, hard to believe it's the same spot that swelters in the summer! Where does suntan lady go in the winter? she don't like it when it's shady.

xo

Jacquie