Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Popping tags

I'm so happy that my happy-time pastime has a new theme song.

Take a look, but be warned, there is plenty of R-rated language, and lots of silliness.



My oldest daughter turned me on to the song. Hopefully she's not seen the video because they don't change the lyrics for G(eneral) audiences. (Side note the radio version is better in the sense that they have a rooster crow instead of the word "cock" - much funnier, if you ask me.) But, anyway, back to my theme song, and my total agreement of the song's refrain:

I'm gonna pop some tags
Only got twenty dollars in my pocket
I - I - I'm hunting, looking for a come-up
This is fucking awesom

It really is.

But you do need one of these:

Tag popper propah

Watch and learn
But honestly, when I pop tags I typically don't go for the grandiose "come-up." I go for the bargains. You know, good quality at a low, low price. Take today for example, I got some hellah deals at the Goodwill, I popped 10 tags for the littlest girl, 1 for the middle and 4 score for me.

I guess it boils down to me being cheap frugal. But spending outrageous prices on clothes, especially for a 3-year old, seems stupid. Just like them rappers say, it feels like you're "getting swindled and pimped."

So when I score that great deal, I feel smart, un-swindled and pimp-free. In a word, triumphant.

Case in point, I love my new dress.


$4.99 baby! Not to toot my own horn, but it looks better on.

Adorable Hanna Anderson tank top for $1.99? It doesn't look as though it's ever been worn. And when I figure out when my girl will be size 120, it will be perfect.

Gymboree tank for .99 cents? Love it, and no way is it a size 6 - this baby is preshrunk (another tag popping positive), it's a roomy 4T.

Okay, I'll admit, $9.99 is a lot to pay at Goodwill. My receipt says this item is "BTQ clothing." Boutique-y, bitch, that's me. But seriously, less than $10 for a %100 cashmere sweater. With faux pearls??
Okay, okay, so maybe there is a bit of Macklemore in me. But I've got a specific use in mind for this BTQ faux pearly sweater. Watch out you American Academy of Neurology neurologists come March, because there is "Ice on the fringe, it's so damn frosty" -- for real.

But this come-uppance is a work in progress, because I did buy a wide-whale corduroy coat with velvet trim at a thrift store a few months back that made me think that I was kinda rocking the:

I wear your granddad's clothes
I look incredible
I'm in this big ass coat
From that thrift shop down the road -
look

See what I mean?


Come to find out, when I looked at it more closely at home - it's from J Jill! It's simply a L(arge).

Granted, I may still have some work to do when it comes to rocking the grandad style, but have no fear, you'll know when I get there...

4 comments:

Pat said...

Too bad I didn't know this about you when I was buying your clothes.
Love, Mom

need to learn to pop tags in PA said...

I'm impressed!

Me, You, or Ellie said...

No for real, ask your grandpa can I have his hand-me-downs

Love, love. That song is so stuck in my head, now and forever.

f-ing awesommmme

xoxox
Jacquie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

"Watch out you American Academy of Neurology neurologists come March, because there is 'Ice on the fringe, it's so damn frosty' -- for real."

I am *so* impressed, girlfriend. I need to have you as my personal shopper. May I hire you? I may? Thank you!

You are an awesome pro, and them grandpas have got nuthin' on you.

Love.
Ellie