Thursday, December 20, 2012

are you in?

I am not ready to move on. I can not sit with this. I can't write about party plans and Christmas shopping and vacation plans. I certainly can't vent any frustration about my kids' tardiness or the stunningly contradictory communications I've had with their teachers this week. It matters, I know it matters. But not really.

I still don't know what to do. But here is this:

I know the truth: if you do good, you feel good. It’s the most selfish thing you can do. Right now, this country wants to heal. I think the only thing comforting in the face of a tragedy like this is to do something good with it if you can. Be a part of that wave.  ~ Ann Curry
These words inspired a movement for each of us to commit 26 Acts of Kindness to honor the innocent children and teachers lost at Sandy Hook  Are you in?



  Laughter through tears = Cee Lo's outfit.

2 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Oh, these are great! Love the dollah on the vending machine.

Yes. In.

Ellie

Beth said...

Nothing like crying at your desk by 9:00 am....

Yes, surely, I'm in. And have already started. 25 more to go, not that it has to end there....

xoxoxo,
Beth