Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Bounty

So we're having a great tomato bounty.

A serious bounty.

A this-is-as-good-as-last-year-bounty.

Oh those tomaters.

Aren't they gorgeous?

Aren't they fabulous?

But this year we are also reaping the benefits of throwing our over-tiyed gourd remains in the compost heap last fall.

Are you familiar with the term "volunteer"?

Oh, we've got a volunteer . . .

. . . we've got a volunteer taking over the world . . .

. . . or at least the forsythia.

And lookie here. Look what I see growing out of that gigantic volunteer vine . . . You see that?

Yeah, we have no idea what is is, either.

3 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

looks like a watermelon! what fun :) I'm bummed I was premature for the bounty, I do so love dem tamaters.

xoxoxoxo

Me, You, or Ellie said...

I know, and you got a mealy one. Rats, because they are *so* awesome right now.......

Our neighbor Ronnie also thinks it's a watermelon, but I think our friend Renee may have nailed the gourd on its proverbial head:

http://tinyurl.com/d9p9h3t

Right??

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Gourd oh gourd, woulda look at that?!

Wish I had time to make the drive north to partake in the bounty, but alas, I'm homeward bound today, and will just have to leave the feasting to you and yours, Ellie :)

xoxoxo,
Beth