Thursday, May 17, 2012

Blind Spots

NO, the front steps are not painted yet.

No, they're not. Because it rains and it rains and it rains and it rains.

But they are primed*.

*And so am I. Ha!

That masking tape is probably permanently glued to the steps by now.

But in the meantime, let's focus on what is done, shall we?

Remember the front porch? With the gnarly ghetto couch and all that delicious wasted* space?

*And so am . . . ha! Just testing you.

The green rockers . . .

. . . done. But you knew that.

The real challenge was that railing . . .

. . . those spindles . . .

all 7,907 of them*.

*I counted.

But . . . I didit!

Isn't it gorgeous?

I tackled that front porch -- spindles and floor -- and it is now a dream machine.

The thing about Home Improvements is that once you tackle something you can't quite believe you let the earlier status quo go on, so embarrassingly, for quite so long. You develop Blind Spots, and just don't see the madness anymore.

Take, for example, our back shed house door. You know, the newly cleaned and sanded and primed and painted one?.


For three years we kept the shed house door closed with a cinder block. And then the cinder block broke. So we kept the shed house door closed with a broken cinder block for another year.

Until I went to Home Depot and bought a hasp and installed it channeling my Dad all the way . . .

Eradicating the Blind Spots, one cinder block at a time.

5 comments:

Pat said...

You are awesome!
Love, Pat

MB said...

Love it all! And your purple irises are SO beautiful. xo

Mom C said...

Looks fabulous Ellie, can't wait to see it on Monday! love you. mom

Me, You, or Ellie said...

You *are* awesome, and I *do* love it all, and it *does* look fabulous, but um, can't we just let our blind spots be, ya know, blind???

Just kidding. You rock and if it's making me feel guilty, well that's my own damn problem.

love you and your endless motivation and only perfect-ness ;-)

beth

Me, You, or Ellie said...

My whole house is in my blind spot, and that's where it shall stay. Your front porch looks 800 miles long, when did it grow?

love your industry, girlfriend

xoxoxo

Jacquie