Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The things I see, the things I hear

I have been hearing and seeing all sorts of fun and funny things lately.

Take for example, Ellie's post from yesterday. I so enjoyed seeing Jennie. I loved her salon hair, and decided to copy.

I have also been intrigued by the diagonal full mouth smiling snarl that Jacquie featured this week. I really feel as though I can do it, but, um, I don't think this is quite right?

 I mean, I kick the asses of Jacquie's men, but don't quite measure up to her and her girl.
Maybe with more practice?

Now in terms of what I've been hearing, well, little miss C has been cracking me up. She told me while brushing her teeth the other night that she wants boobies for her birthday. Boobies, really? You're two!

She also stood up on her changing table recently and sang and danced 'i'msesyaniknoit.' Oh dear god!! Again with the two. I am just waiting for her preschool teachers to politely pull me aside to tell me that she is corrupting the other children. But so far nothing.

Next, she parroted me exactly when I exclaimed, "Oh, Shit!" She sounded perfect, and then proceeded to tell me that Miss Amy, one of her teachers, says it too. I don't know if this is true, my girl is beginning to tell some wild stories, but to make myself feel better, I decided that Miss Amy does say it at school. Yes, that would be bad, the preschool teachers swearing while on the job, but hey, it would also I mean that I am not the only adult peppering my girl's language. (Jacquie please forget what you have just read; she is a lovely child full of innocence and wonder.)

And finally, to round out this post that has no cohesion at all, I feel that I must tell you that while I was driving on the highway Monday, listening to the radio, a very lively and excellent live rendition of Bob Marley's "Lively Up Yourself" was playing. During the backup singers' echoing of  Marley's chants, I swear I heard them say "chocolate muffin." Chocolate muffin? I know! That can't be right. And let me assure you that I was neither high, nor do I particularly like chocolate muffins. So it wasn't some subconscious wish. I surely must have mis-heard. But what if I didn't? What if they snuck a little chocolate muffin in there? Just to torture all those high, hungry folks out there in the audience!

I'm telling you, listen for it next time you hear that song. And, also, have fun listening to and seeing all the fun and funny things around you this week.

3 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Aw, Beth. Love!

Your braids are awesome! Totally rockin'. Jennie's hair is even longer now, and she often pulls the bangs back, and wears those rockin' braids frequently. Wouldn't it be fun if you two could rock your braids together?

But your diagonal full mouth smiling snarl? Um, not so much, honey.

And, oh, dear. Little Ms. C. is going to corrupt pure-as-the-driven-snow *me*, never mind her classmates.

Chocolate Muffins? I'm totally going to Lively Up Myself until I hear what the *hell* you're talking about, as Little Ms. C. would no doubt say.

Love!

Ellie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

You are so stinking adorable! Look at you with your piggie tails and your sad little funny face. Looks like we need to get together soon for a tutorial.

Glad to hear little C has a potty mouth, she'll fit right in with us :)

xoxoxoxoxox

Jacquie

Pat said...

Not your best look but hey, you are my adorable little girl whatever the face.
Aloha, Mom