Friday, December 23, 2011

Pinkies up

I've blogged about my work parties before. Some of them got a bit crazy -- cases of wine in the limo and such. But this year, well this year we were highly civilized. Completely evolved.

We attended high tea at the Hotel Del Coronado.

And I must say, it was lovely.

Stunning, really, isn't it?

Mmm, Champagne, with fresh pomegranate juice added table side

Every one of those little finger sandwiches were delectable. (Well, except the ham, perhaps.) And the tea, of course, was delicious. Each of us pouring our own chosen brew from our own ceramic tea pot. Mandarin Orange for me please.
Next, this tower of treats arrived. Although they called them 'petit sweets.' Of course they did.

Ben, it appears, is going to try the blueberry tart

I tried most everything. It was hard to pick a favorite. So I didn't. But I will say the chocolate opera, lemon curd, and ginger sugar cookies were among the best of the best.


My boss cracks me up. He photographed not only the historic blurb about Victorian tea at the Hotel Del, but also filled in the 'keepsake' section with all our names and what we talked about: yep, kids, pets and TV, now that's what one talks about at tea. Right? Pinkie up!

2 comments:

Pat said...

Can't wait to go sometime.
Love, Mom

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Pinkies up, indeed! How lovely and civilized and grown up! What a grand idea.

Did anyone bring a flask to spike the tea??

xxEllie