Monday, November 28, 2011

30 Years Later . . .

Saturday night was my 30-year high school reunion.

Shocking, I know; you thought 40 years, right?

I went to high school with a bunch of smashing knock-outs.

We gathered for a little pre-fun love at Denise's house . . .

. . . and then we headed to a bar in the hopping SoNo district where nobody took a photo until the end of the evening because we were all so busy yakking. Then Jill and Emmett got busy with their camera and for that I am eternally grateful since Mistah and I were woefully cameraless.

Somebody had the great idea to gather for a group photo . . .

. . . and I've got to say, I especially love the lit-up hands in front . . .

It was such a love fest in that room. Everybody looked great, and had a smile on their face, and had to scream to hear over everybody *else* screaming.

With my girl Kimmie.

Gail and Ann and Doreen and Nancy.

My girls Ann and Noelle. 
(I honesty don't remember my classmates all being such shrimps.)

Jimmy with, um, some classmate guys. 
(What? 30 years is a long time!) 

Laurie and Scott and Dennis.

Jill and Greg. I'm telling you people. This is a good-looking class.

Aki and Jane.

Jane and Peggy and Jill.

With my girl Jill.

Which reminds me of one of my very favorite parts of the night. We're the Norwalk High School Bears.  As every person in the room knew. And if we forgot, well, there a bear was, right on our name tags. What we didn't always remember was someone's name. Which was also on the name tag. Under the bear. In really small letters.

Everybody in the room was 48; nobody can see really small letters anymore. Especially in a dimly-lit bar. But by God, not one of us forgot we were the Bears.

But really, my favorite part of the night? My girls.

My fabulous, fantastic, gorgeous, awesome girls.

Yeah, the boys were pretty fun too.

9 comments:

Springer Kneeblood said...

Impressive. But wait until you get to 40! My 40th is this summer...and it will be my first!

Emmett said...

Even a Non-Bear, such as myself, could relate to the energy of "The Bears"

Me, You, or Ellie said...

30 years! Wow. I'm very impressed by the amount of folks who made it to the reunion! So many people...30(!) years later.

I missed my 25th this year, but really wish I would have made it. I have vowed to make my 30th, and this lovely post just strengthens my resolve.

Go bears!

xo,
Beth

Pat said...

So this year I have my 50th!
Don't plan on attending since I had 625 kids in my class and haven't been in touch with any of them since high school. We were the Menlo Bears.
Pat

Me, You, or Ellie said...

What a trip to see so many familiar-yet-different faces! Glad you had such a great time, and *love* those nametags, they are almost as adorable as your perfect ringlet curl.

xoxoxoxoxo
Jacquie

Lisa S said...

You were a senior when I was a sophomore. If I'd been at your school, I would have thought that you and your girls were SO COOL!

THS class of '86 said...

We missed you at our 25th, Beth, so get it together and make a post out of our 30th!
xo

Mom C said...

Love this Ellie, I remember all those teen-agers so well. You're all still so beautiful... love, mom

Anonymous said...

Ellie...sorry i missed you all. Thank goodness for social media and blogs! Love & Friendship, Bob Barry