Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Bring in the pros

Remember my cute post about lice?

They're back!! And guess what? This time I am their feast. Yes, me!!

I have always known that motherhood is incredibly glamorous, but this just may take the cake.

But, to be honest, I prefer beer. And I've had a couple of Stone pale ales tonight. What else can I do?

Well, laugh, of course, and be grateful that I didn't get some serious diagnosis like diabetes, or lupus, or cancer. Diagnoses that are life changers. This, this incredibly revolting event, is only expensive, inconvenient, and unbelieving time consuming.

I am a bit pissed though, because I really thought I had them beat in July. I thought I was so incredibly careful and thorough. Apparently I wasn't. So I'm going a different route this time -- yes, I'm bringing in the lice professionals.

What? You didn't know they had professional lice salons? Well they do. The Hair Fairies Salon in La Jolla(!) is actually adorable, and everything they apply smells delicious, and they offer a guarantee that you will be lice free. A guarantee! That's worth a lot to me, and is, of course, going to cost me a fortune, but I don't care. I am going to learn from past failures. I am going to pay the big bucks.

I'm going to get


Are you itching yet?

4 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Yes. I've been itching since the word was first spoken. I'm so sorry, Beth. It is insultingly unfair. How convenient though, that your big girls had corn rows installed in Mexico - you can feel pretty certain that they are in the clear. How about the wee one?

scratch scratch,

Jacquie

Pat said...

Oh no...this is terrible...what about Cappi and T? And do you suppose I might get them from your visit to Aurora...or.might they be in the house there?
You certainly don't need this!!!
Love, Mom

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Mom, they only live for 24 hours if not on a human, so your house and guest room is fine.

Everyone (A&M&C&T) is getting checked this week. Hopefully I am the only curernt victim;)

b

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Aye-yah-yie. This is tragic indeed. I'm sorry, E-Beth. I'd donate my scalp to you if it didn't sceeve me out so.....

xxxxx

Hang in there, buddy.

Ellie