Tuesday, March 1, 2011

February is for failure

Ah, March 1st is finally here! Yipee. I really think February is the crappiest month of the year. It's cold, it's been cold for months, it's still dark early in the day, and the only holiday is Valentine's day, which is highly overrated.

Plus, this year I swore off all spending excluding food and necessary household supplies (think toilet paper and dish-washing liquid), which was no fun at all.

And remember my self righteous post about vowing to practice yoga EVERYDAY all year? Well I managed to get sick and forget all about it.

Yes, I failed miserably at all of it -- my new year's resolutions are officially over, and my month of no spending a misadventure.

Hooray for March 1st, is what I say. Adios to that shortest, shittiest month of the year.

In my own defense. I did cut WAY back on spending, but I simply could not forgo a really tempting groupon ($15 for $35 worth of beer food at Sessions Public) or the best Internet deal ever on a skidless yoga towel (Hey, I may not be practicing every day, but when I do practice I need the right accessories, do I not?).

I also could not say no to an outing to Staples to get poster board and modeling clay for my girls on a particularly long rainy Saturday, or to stay away from Target for one day longer. I did made it until  the 26th, but my people needed things. Things like shoes and socks, and well, if I saw a cute bathing suit for my middle daughter, who honestly is busting out of all of last summer's suits, who am I to be blamed for buying it for her. Am I right?

I may not be. But I don't care. I'm over it.

February was a lesson in depravity deprivation, and I didn't much like it.

Welcome spring!

6 comments:

happy to turn the calendar page in PA said...

I couldn't have said it better myself...but you knew that, and that's why you have the blog, and I don't.

There is a blue sky today, as well as a bright orb that seems vaguely familiar.

Life is better...

Pat said...

congratulations Beth...you made it. I didn't make my one diet coke resolution either, but I drink way less so that is good. Hoping for warmer weather in San Diego. I won't bore you with how beautiful it is here.
Love, Mom

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Here is the email that I just got from Ellie:

Wait, February was a lesson in depravity?? And here I thought it was all about deprivation. I so totally don't feel sorry for you any more. In fact, I'm jealous!

Bill told me I should tell you about that, instead of pointing it out in the comments. He's no fun.

Tell me you aren't going to change it so I can use my original comment???

Love.
xxx
Ellie


Geez, and I thought my Febraury failures were behind me!

As you can see, Ellie, I changed it, but I did leave my dumb ass original word there in strikethrough. And published your very own comment for you, so it would not go to waste. BUT, you'll now have to come up with something else in addition, since you didn't really comment on the blog proper yet...

beth

Me, You, or Ellie said...

You're awesome, Beth. You're the most excellent depraved, deprived, yoga-practicing, penny-pinching girl I know. And may I speak for everyone when I say thank you for buying Little Miss M a much-needed new bathing suit? Anybody who dresses as cool as she does (while selling lemonade) deserves a suit that fits.

Now, let's get back to the depravity . . .

xxEllie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

It's just like Riff says in Sgt Krupke from West Side Story:

"Hey, I'm depraved on account I'm deprived!"

So far, the weather in March is just lovely - let's hope that improvement carries over into all aspects of life!

xo

Jacquie

Logical Libby said...

Yeah, I was going to run every day last month. I did three days. A new start is needed.