Saturday, January 22, 2011

weekend photos: wacky weather

Raise your hand if the weather is not wacky where you live.

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

Everywhere you look, it's a study in contrast. An exploration of opposition. A staggering illustration of the unexpected.

We've had at least 12 seasons in the last week here in San Diego, and back east what they lack in variation they make up for in vehemence. Tenfold.

As for me, I never dressed properly this week, when it was 80 I sported a sweater and when it was 60 I shivered in spaghetti straps. I just couldn't get it right. By Thursday, I refused to comply and when I realized that the day was no match for the knit boots I had thrown into my bag to put on after my morning workout, I called in late to work and stopped to pick up a pair of new kicks.

That's my wacky weather photo. But first, look at what Ellie and Beth did behold:



Snowing and sunny.



Sprinkling and sunny and sideways


 

Sassy and shiny and new
 

And tomorrow? Damned if I know what to wear.

1 comment:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Wacky.

I love how in San Diego you're stripping layers off by mid-day.


Here in CT, in January, it's really really easy to figure out what to wear. So we've got that going for us.

xxx
Ellie