Thursday, December 10, 2009

Go-To Fodder

There are days when there's just not much to blog about. No fabulous meals, no cute kids, no gorgeous vistas.

In times like these there's only one thing to do: head straight to your own, individual go-to blog fodder.

My go-to fodder? Champagne Homerun Derby. Natch.

I've blogged about Champagne Homerun Derby many times already, I know. What can I say? We play it a lot around here. But. Have I ever blogged about Champagne Homerun Derby starring Mark Dowd? No. No, I have not.

MD and MB were up here the weekend before last, and we had another one of those stunning November Sundays on the deck.

The man assumed the position . . .

. . . as did the peanut gallery.

Everyone has his or her own specific Champagne Homerun Derby face . . .

It's really fun to watch what that face will be.

And . . . oh! A shot against the fence.

See that? Unfortunately, MD, this is not Champagne Double Derby, it's Champagne Homerun Derby.

Aw. Poor, poor MD. Assuming position #2: defeat.

But hey, we got to drink the lovely bottle of Champers I got from Jennie for my birthday.

Dee-licious.

Oh, and see that? A fabulous meal after all.

12 comments:

looking for blue skies in PA said...

My favorite was the stunning, crisp blue sky in the background of the deck pictures...reminds me of a time just before this gray stuff in the sky rolled in :)

Anonymous said...

I know it can't possibly be warm enough for t-shirts and picnics on a deck anywhere in the world right now, so I'm assuming you totally either took these photos in the summer or made all your friends pretend it was summer.

Me, You, or Ellie said...

poor, poor old Mark Dowd. That is the saddest sad photo ever. Dinner looks yum, especially the monkey you-know-what accompanied by champers and coffee!

Jacquie

(I had to delete and repost this because I spelled my own fool name wrong)

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Jacqueline, that is brekkies. Monkey-you-know-what is an imiportant part of any nutritious brekkies.

And yes! It was a gorgeous November around these parts. Those days, though, are sadly over.

Ellie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Your go-to fodder is always entertaining. I'm always so envious of your perfect Champagne Homerun Derby playing field.

But jealous no more. I have decided that I will play from the roof deck. I'm not exactly sure of the specifics yet, but by the time you and Mistah arrive back in SD we'll have it all figured out.

beth

Mom C said...

Mark, you are such a star!!! Mom C

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Beth, that would be perfect! You could earn extra points by pegging neighborhood children...

Jacquie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

... and dogs; double points for dogs.

beth

Anonymous said...

I was just out in my bathing suit on my deck a few minutes ago...alas, no champagne or handsome men but the sun is sublime...come on down!
Pat

Me, You, or Ellie said...

I love you people.

Ellie

Lola said...

The dejected face pic is priceless!!

Remember last week when it was 70 degrees and went right to 14 degrees? You should have seen my face...

Captain Dumbass said...

Mmm, I'll have a glass of that and a plate of that. Thanks.