Friday, December 18, 2009

Deconstructing The Sun

Remember the other day when we were gazing upon my home, full of love and Christmas cheer?

Oh, hi, Mistah Schleckah!

And remember we looked in upon that trimmed tree, and thought to ourselves, "Ah, what a lovely tree, but what's up with that weird bright orb hanging on the outside porch? Is that a UFO? Is that the New Year's Eve Ball, getting warmed up? Oh, I know! That's the Christmas Ball of Love!"

Indeed it is. It is the Christmas Ball of Love. And what a Ball of Love it is.
And, actually, while we're here, let's see what we've got going on, on that Christmas Tree of Love, shall we?

Ah, yes, the heirloom snow-friend from Mom.

And of course, Ledgie. Aw, Ledgie.

The Sun . . . .

And The Sun. . .

And The Sun Again . . .

Oh, how The Suns shine upon us.....

And ...... oh, wait. That's Mistah Schleckah sautéing jalapeños for our dinner.... Now that's festive.

Oh! Another Sun!

A Star......

A Fishie.........

A Moon, A Star, A Sun, A Fish, A Sun, Another Moon.......Either we've got a miniature model of the Universe in our Living Room..... or.....

It's Christmastime.

8 comments:

anticipating some white stuff in PA said...

Not a bad way to get some sun when it's not in the sky :)
Hope you get some of the white stuff they're calling for up the coast. It would go nicely with your lovely tree.
PS State College High School will play in their first ever state championship football game tomorrow...GO LIONS!

Logical Libby said...

I love the ball of love! That is quite possibly the most awesome Christmas decoration EVER!

Me, You, or Ellie said...

I have to agree with Libby, that ball is fantastic!

And so is your celestial Christmas tree!

xoxo,
beth

Captain Dumbass said...

I was feeling all festive and happy and then you hit me with the jalepenos. Now I have Xmas heartburn.

mom c said...

My little snowman looks very at home there.... mom

Me, You, or Ellie said...

It's loverly!

I have a lot of celestial beings on my tree as well, including a boatload of angels. I love pulling them out year after year and remembering where they each came from. My tree looks a lot like yours, with the small multicolored lights and absence of anything else strapped about. Mine has an angel on top though, you heathen.

xo

Jacquie

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

I love your Christmas ball of love! It's just...lovely.

:D

Lola said...

So, I think you should give me a Ball of Love for Christmas this year.

Not much sun in the sky today, so your tree made me quite happy ;)