Monday, November 9, 2009

Sort it out

We have been incredibly blessed by friends and family of late. They not only showed us tremendous support and good will during the trials and tribulations of the pregnancy from hell, but have also given us seemingly everything a baby could want.

We have been given so many baby clothes that sorting through them and keeping them organized is like a part time job.

The baby’s room is admittedly small, with an uber tiny closet, but still, there were so many 0 -3 sized clothes that all other clothes had to go in the attic.

As if on some baby attire cue, Cappi jumped from 0 -3 to 3-6 sized clothes last week, Friday marking her third month outside of the womb.

So this weekend I persuaded my husband to climb up into the attic, throw down the giant bags of bigger clothes, and get some beers. We then proceeded to make a giant mess of his office carefully sort through the loot, while getting loaded while sipping our drinks.


I know it’s mundane and NOT what most would choose to do with their Saturday night. But I LOVE sorting through baby clothes. It gives me so much pleasure, and I even managed to get my husband in on the deal. He was slightly disgusted by the sheer amount of pink in various piles around him, but he was a good sport nonetheless.

By the next afternoon, I had managed to tidy up said piles and transfer specific piles into specific baskets.
And by Sunday night we’d even managed to get her crib (also given to us) put together, made up, with the crazy mobile (ditto) attached.

she is mesmerized
and tired (doesn't she look rediculously small in there?)

night, night baby,

and thanks to everybody for their generosity, both moral and material.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a doll! (ok, I know, she is my granddaughter), but cute, cute ,cute.

And thanks to all for the clothes etc.

Pat

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Look at your little burrito baby! She's so adorable. And so well dressed.

Saturday night, while Bill and I were getting loaded ourselves, I cleaned out and cleaned the spice shelf (in a cabinet), and the shelf above the stove -- everything on it was covered with a fine layer of cooked oilve oil. Must have been something in the air that night....

Nice post, Beth!

Ellie

itching to hold that cute baby said...

OH SHE IS SOOO CUTE!
and looks to be well outfitted, so i will save the teenage stuff for when it cycles back in fashion about the time little Cappi starts high school :)
My Saturday night was spent trying to forget the pathetic Penn State loss to Ohio State that I had to sit through on a beautiful Fall day/evening. Thankfully tailgating involves drinking, so it helped dull the pain.
Post more pictures soon!

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Congrats to Capri for growing out of her first wardrobe! She looks like a little pea pod in that swaddle. I could just gnaw on her. But I won't.

Jacquie

Kathi D said...

She looks like a little doll!

Why do we always want to take a bite out of cute babies? I get the urge to nibble on their teeny tiny toes.

The Absence of Alternatives said...

Aww. The last picture made me catch my breath. It is true: you do forget how small they once were very quickly...

Johanna said...

Sorry, Beth... a Saturday evening organizing with your husband, fun? I must be rubbing off on you! Apologize to T for me!

Hsin-Yi said...

I'm hoping for lots of Mets gear for mine. All ages please!

Seriously though, she is totally precious. Congratulations again!