Monday, August 3, 2009

zero more days

And we're off!




Traveling can be a pain. Travelling with kids can be excruciating. But when we do travel, we ease the pain by flying Jet Blue whenever possible. Everything is easier with Spongebob in da house.

.
The direct tv is pretty great for friends of all ages. Bill mostly watched ESPN (yawn) in between his nappy-poos. As for me, I vacillated between educational shows like "The Next Food Network Star" and "Flip That House".

.
This one was for Beth:



But nothing could have prepared me for the thrill of stumbling upon one of my favorite classic films, one that never fails to draw me in and keep me riveted whenever the remote graces upon any of its historic scenes:



During commercials, you get to check in on the map to see if you're there yet.



I managed to stifle my disappointment when the party pooper pilot broke in just when 13 going on 30 was gettin' good to tell us that we were there.

.
We had an easy, entertaining cab ride into Manhatten where we descended upon the lovely Mary Beth in her succintly perfect apartment to primp and prep for a night in the big city.








We were joined by the incomparable Mark Dowd, and off we went. It was a beautiful night for a stroll to Central Park, where we enjoyed the music of M. Ward, some night frisbee, and a feast for the ages:



followed by a big slumber party.



The next day, we all rode the rail to Connecticut, met up with my fabulous parents and the lovely Ellie and Bill. This first leg of our excellent adventure can be summed up with three little words:


Can


Non


Ball



congrats to the rookie of the year!
.
Tomorrow, we Pocono.

2 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Yay! You're here!

Great post, Jacqueline. I feel like I was right with y'all on your travels.

And your man, in addition to winning Rookie of the Year award, should have won Tuck of the Year award. That is one awesome tuck.

Love you. Let's Pocono!

Ellie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Jet Blue, Central Park, and cannon balls, looks pretty great so far.

And I have to agree with Elllie, very nice tuck.

Beth