Wednesday, April 15, 2009

is the glass half full, or am I almost out of beer?

It all depends on your perspective. I can celebrate the bounty that I have, or lament what I have chugged lost.

Perspective.

My boy and I demonstrated a difference in perspective the other day when we started a comparison in unison, but ended it as polar opposites.

we: "This place is..."

he: heaven!

me: torture.


Some people might consider this a good time:



While others prefer this perspective:






Some people are not at all amused by amusement parks.

Others? Are.




Going back to work yesterday after a five day weekend, I had a dull headache. The abundant jelly beans and beer were making me nauseous. My eyes were puffy and swollen.

My glass felt half full.

Then I remembered, it's just a Tuesday, it's not brain surgery.

If I had had brain surgery, I'd have much more serious complaints.

Right?

Not if I was my little big sister, who kicked the ass out of neurosurgery and then had herself some soup.

What was I complaining about?

4 comments:

Me, You, or Ellie said...

I think I would rather have brain surgery than go on that torture ride. Yikes.

Nice job with the photos! The cousins look like they had a ball. If they actually got off that, um, "ride" without puking.

And yeah, brain surgery? Pfffft. Gimme some soup.

xxEllie

Me, You, or Ellie said...

Soup? Neurosurgery? I'm stumped.

martyjoco said...

HOLY MOLY!! That ride is crazy.

My perspective: that is what will happen to me in the afterlife if I don't behave well here. Blechhhh, ad infinitum.

Kids are amazing. Brain surgeons are amazing. Sisters are amazing.

Eric Hegwer said...

Amusement parks are Awesome

Neurosurgery is Torture.