Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Check that

Mark an X below next to any event you experienced last week:

X (A) Negotiated divorce settlement (Tuesday)
X (B) Put offer on a house (Wednesday)
X (C) Put a counter offer on a house (Thursday)
X (D) Were served divorce papers (Friday)
X (E) Caught a big ass spotted bay bass (Saturday)
X (F) Moved to a rental house with two children in tow (Sunday)
X (G) Opened escrow account on new house (Monday)

I know, I know, we’re all busy these days, but you have to admit that my week, last week, was pretty impressive.

Especially this part:

It was so full of activity that I sometimes became a little forgetful.

Take for instance the birthday card I so lovingly wrote for Jacquie’s girl’s birthday.





You can see that it made her laugh out loud. Was it a funny joke I included? No, it was the fact that I wrote, “Happy 4th Birthday.” You see, Jacquie’s girl is turning seven, not four; it’s my daughter that is turning four, but not for a few weeks yet. (Thank goodness I didn’t forget that.)

I also forgot about my poor kitty the other night. He’s little and curious and can fit almost anywhere.

It's a good thing since I mistakenly shut him in here, over night, all night.

Someday, hopefully soon, I’ll become the organized person I used to be. But let’s not put a time frame on it, okay? Because who the hell knows what I’ve got going on this week…..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing you are avoiding high stress, life altering situations, girlfriend. Did you check all the numbers on those minor financial transactions???

My favorite part of the birthday card story is how hard you laughed when I told you about it.

You ROCKED that bass, you're my hero.

Anonymous said...

Aw, Beth. Congrats for muddling through. And I thought my week was busy last week. Because one day I had to drive from Fairfield to New London. By 11:30 a.m.! Whew!

LOVE the photo of the Laughing Girl in the dojo. LOVE the dress. Is that the one from MB?